- A 200-member strong Sales Team present across the country
India is well-known in the world for its diversity.
There are around 29 states, followers of about 9 religions, and there are about 800 different languages and 1000 dialects which are spoken. Each state is thus like a separate country with its own set of values, beliefs, needs and requirements. Climatically also, there is huge divide. If Ladakh records the lowest temperatures in winter (-18°C), Rajasthan records soaring temperatures (49-50°C) in summers. Cherrapunji records the highest rainfalls in the world and there are draughts in Bhuj simultaneously!!
The diversity sometimes becomes somewhat of a disadvantage. It is very essential to understand the people of this country, for any business to be successful. Keeping this in mind, we have created a 200-member strong sales force representing each and every state. Our wide sales network ensures that our reach is from the largest of referral laboratories in the major metros to the remotest of laboratories in the interiors of India.
Customer Support -- Application Support, Engineering Support & Technical Support
Our kind of business requires rendering constant support to our customers, in application, engineering and technical aspects. Keeping in view our huge customer base of 5507 customers, we realized that a focused and dedicated support infrastructure is required to cater to the needs of our customers. That’s how we at Lilac established our 12,000 sq. ft Customer Care Centre at Panvel, Navi Mumbai.
Manned by a solid team of customer support, application support and engineering support personnel, this Centre is dedicated to provide troubleshooting, applications and engineering solutions to all our customers across the country. This team reaches out to our customers whenever needed so that customers find help at the shortest possible time. Over and above this centre, we have customer support people at the local levels to take care of breakdowns, troubleshooting, etc.
The Customer Support, Application Support & Engineering Support people are rigorously trained till they become extremely conversant with all aspects of our instruments, reagents and all other products. Many a time, they are sent abroad to the Principal companies, who also train them at their end.
This support infrastructure has become the most sought-after feature of our organization.
- Product Management & Training
Lilac introduced into the Indian market, products, concepts and technologies that were new and absolutely unheard of. It required special focus on brand building, creating product and brand awareness and adding value to all the brands.
In a market that was conservative and hard to crack, only conviction and a wholehearted approach towards hard-core marketing could change perceptions of customers.
We achieved this by establishing a brand / product management team, which conceptualizes ideas and differentiates our products from the existing clutter in the market. Many of the marketing paraphernalia that we have created (The Thyroid Chart, thyroid Wheel, Hepatitis Chart, Curve Shift Software) have become valuable an add-ons to our products and are frequently used by our customers for their own marketing activities.
Distribution & Dispatch
- Seminars, Road Shows and Conferences
- Customers Meets
- Opinion Leader Management Program (OLMP)
- Lilac Professional Assistance Programs (LPAP)
- Lilac Customer Loyalty Program (LCLP)
STAT: Yes. That’s what we practice when it comes to our distribution and dispatch. 24 hours is the time we give our customers to fulfill their requirements. We are extremely stringent in our distribution and dispatch policies and our dispatch department works under tremendous pressure to achieve what has been laid out in the policy – ‘ The product must reach the customer within 24 hours of placing the order’.
A 200-member sales team spread all over the country, over 5,500 customers, 5 calls on an average per sales person. With this kind of diverse statistics, the entire sales process required a unique approach to make convert every sales call into an effective one.
We realized this critical aspect of being in the business of clinical diagnostics in a country like India and therefore launched our sales force automation: Sales Track.
Sales Track helps in building Customer Corporate Information factory. Simply put, with Sales Track, all the information that a sales personnel generates, during a customer visit, (which many range from: promotion of a particular product(s), usage of competitor products by customer, interest shown by a customer on a specific product segment, etc.) gets streamlined in the form of online reports. These reports are then compiled into an MIS and it becomes a warehouse for information. Based on this information, sales, promotional and marketing activities are designed and conducted. With Sales Track, selling at Lilac has become far more structured, organized, effective and transparent.
That apart, Sales Track is also a one-stop-shop for Stock and Sales statements for our sales force, where they can check availability of products. They can also make their monthly travel plans and their performance is also monitored with this Sales Force Automation.
Accessing Sales Force is very easy. Each sales person is given a username and password. He just has to log in, and the entire world of information is at his disposal.
Lilac is a people-centric organization. Our HR policies have been designed keeping onely one thing in mind: Our Assets are Our People.
- To provide long-term careers, not merely jobs.
- To provide people a performance driven transparent culture.
- To offer people fresh, congenial and an excellent working environment.
- To help its people increase awareness and conceptual abilities pertaining to the science of management.
- To employ and build a superlative pool of talents.
- To provide a knowledge driven learning atmosphere.
- That every employee will be treated with dignity and respect, in a fair, consistent and equitable manner.
- To create a stimulating, enabling and supportive work atmosphere.
- To aid and encourage employees in realizing their full potential.
- To contribute towards building a better nation.
- To keep its commitments.
Core Human Resources Policy At Lilac
- Internal vertical managerial movement in corporate hierarchy must be within the framework of Lilac Succession Policy.
- Lilac must offer equal growth opportunity to its employees as and when opportunities arise and people are found prepared.
- We must respect to the dignity and individuality of every employee.
- Provide job contentment through empowerment, accountability, and responsibility.
- We must demonstrate fairness, equality of opportunity and respect for all.
- Lilac must create an environment wherein all the employees get opportunities to develop and sharpen their skills, competencies, conceptual abilities for contributing their best to the company.
- Lilac must recognize and protect the right of all its employees.
- Create an attitude of openness that promotes innovative thinking. Irrational, path breaking ideas must be appreciated within the organization.
- Performance must be evaluated against set objectives and norms, instead of individual likings and discretion.
- Performers must be recognized and appropriately rewarded.
- Lilac must keep the organization free from any sort of politicking, victimization and vindictive behavioral attitudes.
- Build a feeling of trust amongst all concerned.
- We must inculcate an environment wherein our employees fulfill their responsibilities towards their families, society and the nation as a whole.
Finance Accounts and Administration: We believe and practice a very transparent way of running business. We are regular tax payers and encourage our people to practice the same